Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Laws of Planetary Motion

I'm not usually one to brag...
...but I have to admit that arguably my greatest achievement is the discovery of the laws of planetary motion. Don't know what they are? Well, first off, you should. But no matter, I will give you a very brief description of each law.


1. The planets orbit about the sun in an elliptical shape, with the sun being at one focus. (The Law of Ellipses)
2. An imaginary line drawn from the center of the sun to the center of the planet will sweep out equal areas in equal intervals of time. (The Law of Equal Areas)
3. The ratio of the squares of the periods of any two planets is equal to the ratio of the cubes of their average distances from the sun. (The Law of Harmonies)


I plan to go more in depth in later blogs, so be on the lookout. Until then,


Johannes Kepler

1 comment:

  1. And who do you thinked helped with all this? That's right, me. Without my information, you would've never discovered these laws.

    ReplyDelete