Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Introduction to My Life

Hello, my name is Johannes Kepler. If you have ever taken a course on the fascinating subject of physics, you probably have heard of my contributions to the understanding of modern physics. I later intend to illustrate my understanding of the universe, and perhaps touch upon other topics involving my life and research. However, I will begin my career in “blogging” by sharing a bit about my early life.
I was born in December in 1546, in Weil-der-Stadt, a small German town. Although the time period was one of intellectual and scientific transformation, my childhood was nothing less than dark and depressing. My father, Heinrich, married my mother, Katherine, and together they had seven children, including myself. I was the oldest of the seven, three of whom died in childhood.
Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of positive things to say in regards to my family. I did not care for my family at all, especially my father. He was a drunken bastard that had little interest in my education, despite my display of intelligence at a young age. He also abandoned us quite often, as he was a soldier and left for great periods of time.
I have made my feelings about my family quite clear; however I will not spare myself. I was an admittedly miserable and sickly child. I almost died of smallpox, suffered a series of skin problems, and had defective vision. I was also picked on frequently by the other children.
The only positive moments in my life were the viewing of an eclipse, and the great comet of 1577, which would mark the beginning of my interest in the universe.

I hope I that this is an adequate introduction to my blog, I hope to learn about my followers and further explain my life and interests. Until then,

Johannes Kepler.

No comments:

Post a Comment